As we enter into Phase 3 of COVID-19 for reopening businesses and institutions, it is important that businesses follow guidelines from the CDC. Some states such as CA, AZ, TX and FL have reported a spike in COVID Cases since reopening. Georgia the first state to reopen, has seen a steady increase of 756 cases per day (Source Business Insider). California has seen it’s daily cases jump to 3,000 per day according to the CDC. Business owners, institutions, schools and churches that reopen, even with practicing social distancing, require customers to wear masks but they also need to keep their facilities clean. Staying on top of surface disinfecting is a critical aspect to stopping the spread of Coronavirus.
CDC Phase 3 Disinfecting Plan Requirements:
Disinfecting solutions should be at every public interaction area and employee work area. Every hour the areas to be disinfected, including restrooms, cashier stations, POS stations, credit card readers, doorknobs, handrails, public areas, employee areas, company vehicles, offices, workstations, phones, keyboards, phones, staplers, and other work equipment.
Three Dura Wax products that kill COVID-19 and other viruses and pathogens:
- Husky 814 Q/T Tuberculocidal Spray Disinfectant
- Husky 805 Neutral Disinfectant 128
- Husky 891 Arena Disinfectant Cleaner
Some quick facts about the COVID-19:
- When a person sneezes the COVID droplets can project the virus up to 18 feet away.
- The COVID virus can linger in the air for up to 20 minutes before settling to the ground. It's very important to keep floors clean and disinfected.
- Study on ICU/ER departments in sample hospitals showed a clean environment but workers were found carrying the virus on the bottoms of their shoes and transferring the virus to other areas. Dura Wax offers Shoe Covers to help prevent the spread of germs.
- According to WebMD, COVID-19 can live on aluminum for 4 hours.
- According to WebMD, COVID-19 can live on paper, ceramics and glass for 5 days.
- According to WebMD, COVID-19 can live on plastic for 2 to 3 days.
- According to WebMD, COVID-19 can live on metal for 5 days.
- Research was not done on clothing, skin and hair.
As we prepare to reopen, lets keep in mind the CDC warning of another big outbreak in the upcoming fall and winter months. Let’s keep our homes, businesses, facilities, schools, churches and institutions safe and clean.